Thatched Property Insurance
If you are the owner of a thatched property you probably already know how difficult it can be to arrange adequate cover for your buildings and contents. Most insurers have no interest in offering cover for your home. However, Invicta Insurance Services Limited can arrange bespoke cover for your thatched home.
Insurers will need to know more about your property, such as:-
- How is the property heated?
This is vital information as 85% of the 60 – 70 thatch home fire claims every year in the UK are caused by the burning of wood or fossil fuels. Newer thatched homes are often heated by electricity only to reduce the risk of fire.
- What fire protection is installed?
Insurers will want to know about fire blankets, fire extinguishers and fire alarms you have installed. Most insurers will also want to know how close you are to a water source and how far your house is from the nearest fire station.
- When the wiring was last inspected by a qualified electrician?
Electrical faults are the second most likely cause of a fire in a thatched property, so most insurers will require an inspection by a qualified electrician at least once every 10 years.
- When the thatch was last inspected, re-ridged, and thatched by a professional thatcher?
Dependant on the material used to thatch your home and the skill of the thatcher, a new thatched roof should last for at least 15 years. However, this can be extended considerably. Please refer to a professional thatcher for advice.
- Is the property listed?
The cost of rebuilding a property can be greatly increased if the property is listed and you should ensure that you are adequately covered. Ensure that you have taken into account the construction of the walls and cost of replacing other period features when working out the cost of rebuilding your home.
Living in a thatched home can provide an idyllic rural living environment but it is vital that you not only protect yourself by regularly maintaining the roof of your home but also by purchasing the right insurance product.
Thatched home insurance policies sourced by Invicta Insurance Services Limited include the following key benefits as standard:
- Loss or damage to the contents of your home
- Personal belongings such as jewellery
- New for old replacement of home contents
- Cost of temporary accommodation if your home becomes uninhabitable due to insured damage
- Loss or damage to the buildings of your home
- Fridge and freezer contents
- Cover for garden contents
- Replacement locks and keys
- Accidental damage to home entertainment systems
- Student accommodation cover
- Cover for cash at home
- Extra cover for birthdays, weddings and religious festivals
Your home insurance can be extended to include the following additional benefits:
- Legal assistance cover
- Accidental damage cover
- Personal possessions cover
- Home emergency cover
- Loss of keys cover
More reasons to choose Invicta Insurance Services Limited as your preferred broker:
- Competitive prices
- Flexible policy cover
- Full range of insurance products
- Independent advice from experienced professionals
- Swift and simple quotation process
- Rapid electronic documentation production
- Friendly and personal service
- Dedicated 24 hour claims service
Please call us now for more information on:
Or email: email@example.com
Thatched home insurance policyholders can also benefit from motor insurance, travel insurance and legal expenses cover – please ask us for more information